Terms & Conditions
Barristerlink is a website designed to help barristers’ chambers market and advertise their services. By using this website and any service provided by us, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The service is free for use for solicitors registered with Barristerlink.
4. Barristerlink is a service established for the mutual benefit of solicitors’ firms, in-house solicitors and barristers' chambers. The service facilitates easy communication between solicitors and chambers and does not alter the normal legal or working relationship between any parties. The service is not restricted to solicitors’ firms, and is open to other organisations as long as there is a qualified solicitor within that organisation.
8. The service is not available to direct public access clients.
9. Barristerlink does not accept any responsibility for the actions of any member barristers’ chambers, solicitors or any other organisation referenced on our website. In the event that the service is misused by any user, we reserve the right to withdraw the service.
10. A wide range of intellectual property rights are used on this website. Any trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not provided by Barristerlink, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits our website. All other trademarks not owned by Barristerlink that appear on this website are the property of their respective owners, including:
c. the software used in relation to this website.
11. We reserve the right to make changes to these conditions at any time. All users are asked to check these conditions from time to time for any changes.
12. Barristerlink is registered for data protection under the Data Protection Act 1998 and will comply with it and all subsequent legislation whenever we handle any personal data. No details of any user will be passed on to any other party without the user’s consent.
13. Barristerlink reserves the right to terminate or suspend membership of any subscribing party in order to maintain a reliable, reputable and useful service. Any behaviour that Barristerlink deems to be unacceptable will result in termination or suspension of a user’s account. Such a behaviour includes (and is not limited to) using this website:
14. As far as otherwise prescribed by law, we cannot guarantee that use of this website will be problem-free, or that the computer or server you use to visit the website is free of viruses or other harmful programs. We will rectify any problems with our website as soon as reasonably practicable. We will not be held responsible for any loss of profits, fees or business opportunities arising from the use of the service, or from the absence or suspension of any part of our website or service.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall create any form of partnership between any of the parties involved.
16. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. This jurisdiction applies to your use of the website and these conditions, regardless of your location.
Barristerlink is a trading name of Tom Hunter Limited. Company No. 07676367. Registered in England. Registered Office: 62 Blake Hall Drive, Wickford, SS11 8XJ.